Attending a GSUSA Destination can be an incredible, life changing experience. To ensure all G.I.R.L.s have access to such a unique travel opportunity, GSEP is excited to participate in GSUSA's D-Pass program!
The D-Pass is a grant, awarded to GSEP, to support girl travel on GSUSA Destinations, with a focus on girls in need. The grant financially supports girls who otherwise would not be able to attend a Destination and helps to ensure diverse representation in Destinations. Think of the D-Pass like financial aid for travel!
The application process for D-Pass funding is open on a rolling basis. Please not that all 2021 Destinations have been postponed until 2022 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Funding is for registered members of Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania only. If you aren't already registered, join now!
2. Funding can only be used for Destinations (cannot be used for Getaways, troop travel, travel to National Council Sessions/Convention, or for any other council-sponsored trips).
3. Girl Scouts applying for funding must have already been admitted to a Destination. The application requires proof of acceptance, such as an acceptance email from the Destination sponsor.
4. Each girl awarded should also demonstrate a willingness to contribute through participation in money-earning activities (through product sales such as a Cookie Program, other money-earning activities, or personal money-earning).
5. Applicants will be asked to submit Proof of Income documentation in the application.
6. Once funding decisions are made, applicants will be notified via email.