Resources for Girls
- Read the GSEP Silver Award Handbook or details about requirements and processes specific to GSEP. Keep this handy, because you’ll need it to make sure your project meets the requirements as you plan and execute it!
- Review the GSUSA Silver Award Guidelines which gives you helpful tips, from choosing an issue to successfully taking action, and all the steps and forms in between!
- Understand the numerical requirements of the Silver Award as you build your project using Gold vs. Silver: By the Numbers.
- Check out these additional resources to help you brainstorm Take Action project ideas and community resources.
- Before you put your project into action, complete and submit your proposal for approval. The deadline for current 8th graders to submit a Silver Award Proposal is May 1.
- Allow 4-6 weeks for GSEP to review your proposal and contact you with recommended revisions and any questions we have about your potential project.
- Complete your revisions by logging back in and updating your existing Prorosal.
- Revisions will be reviewed for completion. Once verified, you will receive your official Proposal approval email.
- Girls wishing to solicit donations of materials/supplies must read and complete the Letter for Solicitation of Materials – Silver Award
- Use photo release forms throughout your project! The Photo Release for Minors should be collected from those under the age of 18. The Photo Release for Adults should be collected from those over the age of 18.
- If you need to revise part of your project proposal after it has been approved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for approval of these revisions.
- Once you have met your goal, complete and submit your Silver Award Reflection and accompanying Project Visual Aid. The deadline for current 8th graders to submit a Silver Award Reflection and Project Visual Aid is September 30 following their 8th grade year.
- Your Project Visual Aid can be a
physical binder, photo album, PowerPoint presentation, PDF, etc.
Regardless of what format you decide to use, your project visual aid
- A copy of your GSEP Silver Award Proposal, including Budget and Timeline
- A copy of your GSEP Silver Award Reflection, including Budget and Timeline
- At least 10 photographs with captions that tell the story of your project progress; Include “action” shots of people helping you, as well as you working on the project
- Copies of any media recognition your project received (if available)
- Any letters of recognition and appreciation you may have received (if available)
- Anything else that will help tell the story of your project, such as donation letters, outlines, sketches, flyers, lesson plans, and/or any other documentation of your project
- Project binders, scrapbooks, and/or other physical project visual aids should be dropped off at any of the Girl Scout Service Centers or mailed to: Hana Haseman, GSEP, P.O. Box 814, Valley Forge, PA 19482. Electronic project visual aids, such as PDFs or PowerPoint presentations, should be attached to the online Reflection form (there is a space designated at the end of the form).