It is now time to elect your new Service Unit Delegates for the new
Governance year (which runs Annual Meeting to Annual Meeting).
SU Delegates are elected for 1-year terms and can serve a total of 6
terms in a row.
To hold a Service Unit Delegate Election, each SU must have a meeting where at least 25% of the troops are represented. Please know that girls, 14 years and older, can also serve as SU Delegates (as long as they are not also current Girl Delegates or Girl Advisors to the Board). Election results (reported via this form) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 31, 2019.
To help with the Election, please see this suggested script. Also, please note: by Article II, Section 3 of our Bylaws, the ratio of SU Delegates to the Board & Board Development Committee is 5:1. Therefore, GSEP has a total of 150 SU Delegates. Since we have 98 Service Units, the top 52 SUs (in terms of numbers of girls served) are entitled to elect TWO Delegates and an alternate; the remaining 48 should elect one delegate and an alternate. Please check this list to see if your SU should elect 1 or 2 Delegates.
Delegate training will be held later this summer/early fall. The Delegate Meetings will be scheduled in September and March; exact dates will be announced soon.
Click the links below to download:
- 2019 Slate of Candidates
- Biographies of Candidates (April 2019)
- 2018-2019 Board Member Biographies
- 2016 Strategic Priorities
- GSEP Bylaws (last updated April 2019)
- Blue Book of Basic Documents
- Delegate Election Results Form
- No. of SU Delegates List
- SU Delegate Election Sample Script
- Spring 2019 Delegate Meeting Overview
- Spring 2019 Delegate Meeting PowerPoint
- Latest Research from GSRI: Decoding the Digital Girl
Please contact Carla Hickey at email@example.com with questions.