In the past 24 hours, the World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 as a global pandemic, and it has become apparent that there is community transmission in the state of Pennsylvania. As Girl Scouts, we have an obligation to our community to do the right thing to limit the spread of the virus, even if we as individuals are not at risk of serious illness. In response to these changing circumstances, we are taking the following steps:
- All camps are closed through May 11, 2020. We will issue refunds to individuals and groups scheduled to attend programs and events through this date.
- All council-sponsored girl and volunteer programs, trainings, and events are cancelled through May 11, 2020. We will issue refunds to individuals and groups scheduled to attend programs, trainings, and events through this date.
- Cookies on Friday, March 13 and Saturday, March 14 that were scheduled pick-up locations for Hometown Hero donation cookies at Shelly Ridge and Dorney Park are now CLOSED. For more information about how to order your Hometown Hero cookies online, please refer to your Cookie Manual for instruction. Also, our GSEP team will be on LiveChat from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. You can access this through our website on the For Cookie Sellers page. (Today's Hometown Hero pickup at Valley Forge from 4 - 6 p.m. will continue as planned)
- No trips will be approved through May 11, 2020.
- All council staff are being instructed to work from home through May 11, 2020, except for staff needed to preform essential council functions. These staff will be scheduled on a staggered basis to limit potential contact.
- Retail stores are closed through May 11, 2020. Please shop online for any merchandise you need in the next few weeks.
- Our member services is still operational! You may still contact us with questions or concerns during regular member service hours at email@example.com or 215.564.2030.
Thank you for doing your part to limit community transmission of COVID-19 in Pennsylvania. We will emerge stronger because of our collective action.