Learn more about Girl Scouts at Home by clicking here.
NEW Safety Activity Checkpoints
September 9, 2021
Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania is committed to maintaining a high standard of safety for our girls, volunteers, and families. With a surge in cases of Covid-19, we will continue to require that masks be worn at all GSEP indoor gatherings, and outside when safe social distancing practices cannot be followed.
We understand that many of our girls cannot be vaccinated, and therefore GSEP is diligently following CDC Guidelines and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to maintain the safety measures that will enable safe meetings, events, and camping experiences.
Please share these guidelines with girls, volunteers, parents, and partners (ie field trips etc.) and implement the following during all in person troop meetings and activities.
- Temperature checks: Remind volunteers, girls, and parents to take their temperatures prior to group interaction. Members with fever or temperature higher than 98.6 should skip the in-person gathering until their temperature is normal.
- Meeting size: Follow state and local restrictions for nonessential gatherings.
- Maintain distance: Social distancing should be implemented and consistently practiced.
- Masks: Face coverings for girls and adults must be worn at all GSEP indoor gatherings, and outside when safe social distancing practices cannot be followed.
- Avoid touching and passing items: Girls should bring their own snacks and supplies, whenever possible.
- Outdoor meetings: When possible and weather permitting, girls should meet outdoors instead of indoors and wear masks when social distancing is not feasible.
Keep safety top-of-mind for girls and volunteers by creating signs for your meeting or activity space. The signs should remind girls and volunteers to engage in everyday preventive actions to inhibit the spread of COVID-19 and should include:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash, and wash or sanitize your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Wash hands if you do touch.
- Check your temperature before every meeting. Members with fever or temperature higher than 98.6 should skip the in-person gathering until their temperature is normal.
If you have any questions about Covid-19 protocol, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Increase hygiene in the
home, such as:
- Try to maintain at least 6-feet of physical space between you and other people.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used in a pinch.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not cough into your hands and always wash your hands after coughing or sneezing if you use a tissue.
Be a source of comfort and calm for Girls
- Girl Scouts of the USA has developed a helpful resource for How to Talk to Your Girl about Coronavirus to help minimize stress and worry in your Girl Scout's life and give her a sense of calm and control.
- Thank you for your help in keeping Girl Scouts a safe, fun space for everyone! If you have any questions about how Coronavirus may impact Girl Scout activities, please contact Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania at email@example.com or 215.564.2030 - we're here for you.
For current information* on COVID-19 in GSEP's nine-county footprint
visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
*This information is subject to change based on the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 virus in your respective communities.