Learn more about Girl Scouts at Home by clicking here.
March 2, 2022
Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania (GSEP) has continued monitoring Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), PA Department of Health and local government guidelines to better inform our decisions of safely reopening our facilities and returning to a more normal operation.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania is committed to maintaining a high standard of safety for our girls, volunteers, and families. GSEP’s geographic footprint spans 9 counties, and localities may be experiencing different levels of COVID-19 cases. GSEP’s guidance and COVID-19 requirements will remain consistent across our footprint to avoid confusion and interpretation at the local level.
As of March 15, 2022, masks will be optional during all Girl Scout activities (indoors and outside). Social distancing is still recommended when possible. GSEP will continue to monitor local government guidelines and reassess mask guidance if needed. The safety of our girls, volunteers, staff, and families our top priority.
Volunteers should read the below guidance document completely as it
pertains to all GSEP Girl Scout activities. Also, please share these
guidelines with girls, parents, and partners (i.e., field trips etc.)
and implement the following during all in person troop meetings and
GSEP Volunteer COVID-19 Guidance
- Positive COVID-19 Exposure Email Template
- GSEP COVID-19 Liability Waiver
GSEP Prescreening Form for Volunteer Use
- GSEP Incident/Accident Report
- Girl Scout Safety Activity Checkpoint (SAC) Guidelines
If you have any questions about Covid-19 protocol, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
hygiene in the home, such as:
- Try to maintain at least 6-feet of physical space between you and other people.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used in a pinch.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not cough into your hands and always wash your hands after coughing or sneezing if you use a tissue.
Be a source of comfort and calm for Girls
- Girl Scouts of the USA has developed a helpful resource for How to Talk to Your Girl about Coronavirus to help minimize stress and worry in your Girl Scout's life and give her a sense of calm and control.
For current information* on COVID-19 in GSEP's nine-county footprint visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
*This information is subject to change based on the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 virus in your respective communities.