Learn more about Girl Scouts at Home by clicking here.
NEW Safety Activity Checkpoints
May 18, 2021
Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania (GSEP) has continued monitoring Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), PA Department of Health and local government guidelines to better inform our decisions of safely reopening our facilities and returning to a more normal operation.
Last week, the CDC released an update on mask wearing enforcement for fully vaccinated adults stating that those adults who have had both shots of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine and have waited the two-week recommended period for full immunization no longer need to wear a mask while indoors. Shortly after this announcement was made, the PA Department of Health released an update to the COVID-19 guidelines stating that the mask mandate will continue to remain in-place until 70% of the state’s adult population has been fully vaccinated.
In accordance with the updated PA Department of Health guideline, GSEP will continue to require masks to be worn indoor and outdoor, as updated in our last COVID-19 guidelines document.
GSEP will continue to monitor local government guidelines and reassess our reopening plans while we make the safety of our girls, volunteers, staff, and families our top priority.
Increase hygiene in the
home, such as:
- Try to maintain at least 6-feet of physical space between you and other people.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used in a pinch.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not cough into your hands and always wash your hands after coughing or sneezing if you use a tissue.
Be a source of comfort and calm for Girls
- Girl Scouts of the USA has developed a helpful resource for How to Talk to Your Girl about Coronavirus to help minimize stress and worry in your Girl Scout's life and give her a sense of calm and control.
- Thank you for your help in keeping Girl Scouts a safe, fun space for everyone! If you have any questions about how Coronavirus may impact Girl Scout activities, please contact Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania at email@example.com or 215.564.2030 - we're here for you.
For current information* on COVID-19 in GSEP's nine-county footprint
visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
*This information is subject to change based on the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 virus in your respective communities.