Summary: The Service Unit Volunteer Recognition Coordinator champions volunteer recognition and coordinates award nominations.
Term of appointment: 1 year, renewable
Required Training: GSEP Awards and Recognition Training, located in gsLearn.
Supervision: This position reports to the Service Unit Manager
Girl Scout Values
- I will role model Girl Scoout values to other volunteers and girls and abide by the Girl Scout Promise & Law.
- I will maintain current knowledge of the Girl Scout National Program Portfolio, Volunteer Essentials, Safety Activity Checkpoints, and GSEP Volunteer Policies.
- I will be available in the community to answer questions and connect with new volunteers in a positive and uplifting manner.
- I will communcate in a respectful, prompt, and effective manner to peers and girls and maintain confidentiality where necessary.
- I will demonstrate confidentiality, dependability, honesty and credibility
I understand my responsibilities are:
- I have an understanding of how the GSEP Volunteer Recognition process works.
- I will encourage nominations of awards by educating volunteers and parents and assisting them in the process.
- I will work with the Service Unit Manager to nominate appropriate Service Unit Team members.
- I will create and manage service unit appreciation programs of informal and formal awards.
- I will promote the CEO Award.
- I will work with the Service Unit Team to plan and carry out a Service Unit recognition event annually.
I understand and meet the qualifications and core competencies listed below:
- I am able to provide a safe and welcoming learning environment.
- I am able and willing to use email and the Internet for communication with GSEP staff and volunteers.
- I have excellent communication skills, i.e. ability to express ideas and facts clearly and accurately.
- I am comfortable working independently, as well as with a team.
- I will empower girls to lead activities, learn by doing, and cooperate with others on current issues that involve their interests and needs while having fun
- I will show personal integrity by demonstrating dependability, honesty, and credibility
- I am adaptable. I will adjust, modify my behavior, and remain flexible and tolerant in response to changing situations and environments
- I will foster diversity by understanding, respecting, and embracing differences
I agree to meet the qualifications and fulfill the duties, expectations and requirements as outlined above.
I agree to opt-in to emails and text messages from GSEP and GSUSA.
I agree to adhere to GSUSA guidelines involving the Girl Scouts brand, copyright and trademark laws.
I am an approved volunteer with a current Girl Scouts of the USA membership and GSEP background check on file (if over 18).
I have read the entire Service Unit Volunteer Recognition Position Description and Agreement thoroughly, and I agree that I can handle the responsibilities, I am qualified and competent, and that I will uphold the code of conduct and volunteer agreements for this position.