Summary: The Service Unit Trip Coordinator reviews the proposed
activities of the troops in the service unit. This volunteer is a
safety advisor who may consult council staff to answer the troop
leader's unque safety questions.
Term of appointment: One year, renewable
Required Training: Troop Travel Basics, Troop Finance Basics,
located in gsLearn
Supervision: This position reports to the Service Unit Manager
Girl Scout Values
- I will role model Girl Scoout values to other volunteers and
girls and abide by the Girl Scout Promise & Law.
- I will
maintain current knowledge of the Girl Scout National Program
Portfolio, Volunteer Essentials, Safety Activity Checkpoints, and
GSEP Volunteer Policies.
- I will be available in the
community to answer questions and connect with new volunteers in a
positive and uplifting manner.
- I will communcate in a
respectful, prompt, and effective manner to peers and girls and
maintain confidentiality where necessary.
- I will
demonstrate confidentiality, dependability, honesty and
I understand my responsibilities are:
- Understand the following for approval:
- Safety ratios,
training requirements, and prohibited activities
- Certificates of Insurance and Additional Key Insurance
- The purpose of the required forms and when to use them
- What to do it someone uses the incorrect form, or their
application form is incomplete
- Support the
leaders in your area to meet the trip requirements, and complete
- Review Troop Trip Applications. Verify troop
leaders have the necessary experience, progression and training to
participate in chosen activities
- Notify troop leaders if
the activitiy is or is not approved
- Maintain copies of
Troop Trip Applications
- Review changes or updates to
Volunteer Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints annually
- Communicate trip/travel policy changes at service unit meetings
I understand and meet the qualifications and core competencies
- I am able to provide a safe and welcoming learning
- I am able and willing to use email and the
Internet for communication with GSEP staff and volunteers.
- I have excellent communication skills, i.e. ability to express
ideas and facts clearly and accurately.
- I am comfortable
working independently, as well as with a team.
- I will
empower girls to lead activities, learn by doing, and cooperate with
others on current issues that involve their interests and needs
while having fun
- I will show personal integrity by
demonstrating dependability, honesty, and credibility
- I am
adaptable. I will adjust, modify my behavior, and remain flexible
and tolerant in response to changing situations and
- I will foster diversity by understanding,
respecting, and embracing differences
I agree to meet the qualifications and fulfill the duties,
expectations and requirements as outlined above.
I agree to opt-in to emails and text messages from GSEP and GSUSA.
I agree to adhere to GSUSA guidelines involving the Girl Scouts
brand, copyright and trademark laws.
I am an approved volunteer with a current Girl Scouts of the USA
membership and GSEP background check on file (if over 18).
I have read the entire Service Unit Trip Coordinator Position
Description and Agreement thoroughly, and I agree that I can handle
the responsibilities, I am qualified and competent, and that I will
uphold the code of conduct and volunteer agreements for this position.