Summary: The GSEP Service Unit Registrar manages troop rosters, reviews current membership reports, and promotes registration of members and the formation of new troops within a designated Service Unit.
Term of appointment: Renewable each membership year (October 1-September 30)
Required Training: Looker Administrative Volunteer Training and Confidentiality Agreement (New Leader courses in gsLearn are also recommended)
Supervision: Reports to the Service Unit Manager.
Girl Scout Values
- Model Girl Scout values to other volunteers and girls and abide by the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Support GSEP’s primary Core Goal to ensure every girl in our 9-county footprint is aware of and has access to the full Girl Scouts Leadership Experience.
- Communicate in a respectful, positive, prompt, and effective manner with all Girl Scout members.
- Demonstrate confidentiality, dependability, honesty, and credibility.
- Understand, respect, and embrace diversity.
I understand my responsibilities are:
- Manage troop details and rosters for the Service Unit by utilizing data in Looker, GSEP’s report hub.
- Manage School/Site Coordinators for the Service Unit.
- Promote and assist with use of Volunteer Systems such as MY GS, the Volunteer Toolkit, and gsLearn.
- Promote online and on-time registration of troops and individually registered members (IRMs) in the Service Unit.
- Promote and support year-round recruitment efforts in collaboration with the Service Unit Team and GSEP Staff, focusing on meeting annual membership goals.
- Be available in the community to answer questions and connect with new Girl Scout members.
- Strategize with the Service Unit Team to identify opportunities for growth by filling current troop availability and forming new troops.
- Attend Service Unit meetings and regularly communicate with Service Unit Manager and GSEP Staff.
- Girl focus: Empower girls to lead activities, learn by doing, and cooperate with others on current issues that involve their interests and needs, while having fun
- Personal integrity: Demonstrate dependability, honesty, and credibility
- Adaptability: Adjust, modify own behavior, and remain flexible and tolerant in response to changing situations and environments
- Communication: Express ideas and facts, clearly and accurately
- Foster diversity: Understand, respect, and embrace differences
I agree to meet the qualifications and fulfill the duties, expectations and requirements as outlined above.
I agree to opt-in to emails and text messages from GSEP and GSUSA.
I agree to adhere to GSUSA guidelines involving the Girl Scouts brand, copyright and trademark laws.
I am an approved volunteer with a current Girl Scouts of the USA membership and GSEP background check on file.
I have read the entire GSEP Service Unit Registrar Position Description and Agreement thoroughly, and I agree that I can handle the responsibilities, I am qualified and competent, and that I will uphold the code of conduct and volunteer agreements for this position.