2023 Take the Lead Nominations
Take the Lead is the Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania’s (GSEP) signature fundraising event honoring our community’s most distinguished women whose leadership and professional achievements make the world a better place. Girl Scouts of all ages produce this unique leadership program and develop the skills necessary to become the future leaders of tomorrow. Each year, high school age Girl Scouts are paired with honorees for a unique leadership development experience. A true highlight of the Girl Scout experience, Take the Lead enables girls to forge long-lasting, valuable mentorships with honorees and connect directly with their community.
Interested in nominating an outstanding leader making a difference in your community?
Eligible Take the Lead nominees must:
- Exemplify extraordinary civic, professional, and philanthropic leadership and achievement
- Showcase the Girl Scout values of courage, confidence, and character
- Act as a positive role model for girls and be committed to making the world a better place
- Live or work in the nine-county footprint of the GSEP
- Greater Philadelphia (includes Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties)
- Berks County
- Lehigh Valley (includes Carbon, Lehigh, and Northampton Counties)
- Available to provide a high school age Girl Scout with a unique leadership development experience through a one-day “Shadow Day” opportunity
Nomination Deadline: Friday, August 12, 2022
All three Take the Lead events will be held in the spring of 2023
Please visit our Take the Lead page to view a list of our past Honorees