Volunteer Toolkit and My GS Training Schedule
Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below. Then watch the video playlist above for a detailed walk-through, and, for a step-by-step look at the VTK, register for the Volunteer Toolkit Video Tutorial through Program/Events Registration.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop's calendar year
- Email parents with one click
- View the troop roster, renew girls' memberships, and update their contact information
- View Journeys and badges to plan for troop meetings
- There are several prepopulated year plans in the VTK for all levels of Girl Scout troops
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel troop (troops with a mix of girls in Daisy, Brownie, and Junior levels or with Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador levels)
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements
- NEW! Access 18 activities that now include a “Get Outside” option, which provides alternative outdoor options
Use the Volunteer Toolkit Scavenger Hunt for a fun way to see how to learn about all the VTK has to offer.
Learn more with the VTK Reference Guide.
What About Parents?
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).