Covid-19 Best Practices
To help keep girls and families safe this cookie season
COVID-19 is an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily in the community. These best practices recognize the need to take all reasonable precautions to limit potential exposure for girls, volunteers, and families.
The risk associated with the COVID-19 pandemic continues to change as infection rates rise and fall in different areas. There may be regional differences or developments since this guidance was published. Continue to follow local and national directives. Discuss plans with families and fellow volunteers.
COVID-19 Best Practices
1. Check www.gsep.org/covid19 for the most up to date Covid-19 best practices and up to date information.
2. Be aware of your local city and state guidelines for best practices and Covid-19 safety guidance.
3. All adults and girls should wear face masks in accordance with local rules and state regulations.
4. Use hand sanitizer often when handling payment and wash your hands as often as possible.
5. Wipe down your booth with disinfecting wipes before and after use.
6. Maintain recommended social distancing.
7. If you, or a family member are feeling ill, do not participate in a cookie booth! Please, reach out to your Troop Cookie Manager or Troop Leader to let them know you need to cancel. Safety is number one!
8. Use new Smart Cookie options such as girl delivery online ordering with touchless payment.
9. Use social media to promote your online link for easy ordering options!
10. Families can choose to participate fully online or engage in direct sales as they feel comfortable. Discuss with your family what feels best for them, there are many ways to participate safely!