Learn more about Girl Scouts at Home by clicking here.
NEW Safety Activity Checkpoints
April 28, 2021
GSEP continues to update our Volunteer COVID-19 Guidance for the 2021-2022 Membership Year. These updated guidelines and protocols cover in-person meetings, troop overnight stays, and troop travel. In-person meeting guidelines include required face masks, social distancing, and group size limitations, among others.
In addition, we are happy to announce that our GSEP facility rentals are now open for overnight troop rentals in the month of May. GSEP will also continue to offer day rental slots to serve our membership and be inclusive of troops that are interested in engaging their participating Girl Scouts with in-person meetings but may be struggling to secure a meeting location for their troop.
Limited buildings/sites at Camp Laughing Waters, Camp Shelly Ridge, and Camp Valley Forge are available for first-come first-serve reservation for troop meetings within the established guidelines. The fee to reserve a time slot at each location is $25. Upon reserving, troops must acknowledge that they must stay within the established guidelines of no more than 10 individuals within an indoor meeting (including girls and adults to meet ratios). Troops must also acknowledge that they are responsible to communicate to parents they must give the girls temperature checks prior to every meeting and that girls showing fever must be kept at home. If a girl is also exposed to a confirmed or potential COVID-19 case, she must refrain from showing up at the meeting.
Upon check-in, the ranger assigned to each property will greet them and give them a walkthrough of what building they are assigned to, what bathroom facilities they are assigned to use and any other protocols that pertain to their reservation. GSEP will provide limited amount of hand sanitizing stations throughout the grounds, as well as hand soap and normal toiletries at the bathrooms but attendees are required to bring their own masks and wear them at all times while on campus and provide any other needed cleaning supplies.
Troops interested in reserving, are able to book site reservations as they normally would through the Rent a Campsite page HERE.
Increase hygiene in the
home, such as:
- Try to maintain at least 6-feet of physical space between you and other people.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used in a pinch.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not cough into your hands and always wash your hands after coughing or sneezing if you use a tissue.
Be a source of comfort and calm for Girls
- Girl Scouts of the USA has developed a helpful resource for How to Talk to Your Girl about Coronavirus to help minimize stress and worry in your Girl Scout's life and give her a sense of calm and control.
- Thank you for your help in keeping Girl Scouts a safe, fun space for everyone! If you have any questions about how Coronavirus may impact Girl Scout activities, please contact Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania at email@example.com or 215.564.2030 - we're here for you.
For current information* on COVID-19 in GSEP's nine-county footprint
visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
*This information is subject to change based on the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 virus in your respective communities.