Transportation Information & Financial Aid
To improve economic access to summer camp, we provide need-based financial assistance on a sliding scale. GSEP thanks all of our generous donors and supporters for providing girls the opportunity to attend our summer camps with tuition assistance and scholarships.
Financial aid for the 2019 Summer Camp season is now open. Funds are awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Financial aid applications are reviewed by GSEP's Business Services staff. The amount of funds granted will vary based on need and available funds. GSEP funds are limited, and resources are used wisely to assist the greatest number of eligible members.
Our qualification guidelines for Camp Financial Aid follow the same criteria and wage guidelines as the Federal School Free and Reduced Lunch Program. If your family qualifies for free or reduced school lunch, your family will qualify for Camp Financial Aid. You may submit your letter of eligibility from your child's school as your proof of income for membership dues financial aid. If your family does not partake in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program, you must submit total household proof of income in order to be considered. Accepted proofs of income include: pay stubs from your employer, social security benefits, a SNAP benefits statement, a worker's compensation letter, disability benefits, and unemployment compensation.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We get it, you’re busy! Bus transportation is available for Shelly Ridge day camp and van transportation for resident campers. Check out the pick up and drop off schedule for resident camp (Laughing Waters, Mosey Wood, Wood Haven) and day camp (Shelly Ridge).
Camp Pick-Up & Drop-Off
Sundays – PICK UP: (please bring a bagged lunch)
- 9:45 am Northeast Towers Chick-fil-A, E. Roosevelt Blvd & Adams Ave, Philadelphia
- 10:30 am Fresh Grocer, 56th & Chestnut Streets, Philadelphia
- 12:00 pm Camp Laughing Waters, 300 Hildebeidel Road, Gilbertsville, PA
Fridays – DROP OFF:
- 3:30 pm Laughing Waters, 300 Hildebeidel Road, Gilbertsville, PA
- 5:20 pm Fresh Grocer, 56th & Chestnut Streets, Philadelphia
- 5:50 pm Northeast Towers Chick-fil-A, E. Roosevelt Blvd & Adams Ave, Philadelphia
Shelly Ridge Day Camp
- 42nd and Spruce St. pick up 7:00 AM, drop off 4:55 PM
- 44th and Larchwood St. pick up 7:05 AM, drop off 4:50 PM
- 46th and Chester Ave. pick up 7:15 AM, drop off 4:40 PM
- 18th and Fitzwater St. pick up 7:30 AM, drop off 4:25 PM
- 18th and Market St. pick up 7:45 AM, drop off at 17th & Market Sts. 4:10 PM
- 18th and Fairmount Ave. pick up 7:55 AM, drop off 4:00 PM
- 27th and Brown St. 8:10 AM 3:45 PM
To register for bus or van transportation check out the 2019 Summer Camp Guide.