side menu icon
Girl Scouts backpacking


Have you ever wanted to travel with your troop to Juliette Low’s birthplace? See a Broadway show and shop in Times Square? Climb Mt. Fuji and experience authentic Japanese cuisine? Visit all of the WAGGGS World Centers? All of these adventures and more are possible through the Girl Scout Travel Pathway!

Interested in traveling to London in summer 2018 with GSEP? Check out the GSEP Sponsored Trip section below for details including travel dates, trip itinerary, and trip registration.

GSEP Sponsored Trips

What is a GSEP Sponsored Trip?

Short-term and extended trips that are planned and run by GSEP 

Who is eligible?

Individual girls and troops of girls are welcome to join. These trips are girl-only, and chaperones will be provided by GSEP according to safety ratios. International trips are for girls in grades 6-12.

Upcoming Trips

We don't currently have any upcoming GSEP Sponsored trips. Check back soon!

Questions? Email us for information about GSEP sponsored trips.

Destinations and Getaways

What is a Destination?

Destinations are one-to-two-week travel events sponsored by Girl Scout councils, GSUSA and a partner such as Outward Bound, or by GSUSA and a WAGGGS country. These trips are interest-specific. Destinations are your chance to push yourself out of your comfort zone, make new friends that last a lifetime, and visit all the places you’ve dreamed about.

Where do I find a list of the Destinations?

Everything you need to know about Destinations can be found on the GSUSA website

Who is eligible?

Most events are for girls in grade 6-12. However, some trips have different age restrictions.

How do I apply?

  1. Go to the GSUSA website.
  2. Download and complete an application for each event you wish to attend.
  3. Print two copies of the reference form and ask two people you know well to complete them. You can use the same letter for multiple applications.
  4. Application must be sent to GSEP, not the Destination sponsor, and have a council signature. Send your application to us by email or mail to Maggi Miller, PO Box 814, Valley Forge, PA 19482. 
  5. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance in early spring. Congratulations, and bon voyage!

When is the application deadline?
Destination applications are accepted in two rounds. Girls are strongly encouraged to submit applications by the Round 1 deadline to ensure acceptance into the Destination of their choice. Check out the table below for important dates, including deadlines for Round 1 and Round 2.


All 2018 & some 2019 Destinations are posted on GSUSA website


Round 1 applications due to GSEP – email to

JANUARY 5, 2018

All Round 1 applicants are notified of their status


Deposit due for Round 1 accepted participants to hold their space.Deposits are paid directly to the trip sponsor.


Round 2 applications due to GSEP – email to


All Round 2 applicants are notified of their status


Deposit due for Round 2 accepted participants to hold their space.Deposits are paid directly to the trip sponsor.

After MARCH 18

Most 2018 Destinations that still have space will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis. Submit applications for as soon as possible to GSEP by emailing


Troop Trips

What are Troop Trips?

Troop trips are planned by individual troops to locations within the USA or internationally. Leaders submit paperwork through GSEP. All forms are located here. For more information about troop travel, forms, and resources for planning a trip, check out the Travel Pathway Appendix in Volunteer Essentials.

Applications and Forms

The GSEP Day Trip Application is used for one-day trips or activities outside of your regular troop meeting time/place. Application must be submitted to SUM or SU Trip advisor at least one week prior to trip.
The GSEP Overnight Trip Application is for trips lasting 1-2 nights or three nights if over a holiday weekend or during the summer months (June-August). Troop leaders submit to SUM or SU Trip Advisor at least one month prior to trip. The GSEP Extended Trip Application is for trips lasting three nights or longer. Extended trips require both a Proposal and a Final Submission be submitted. One form now serves both purposes – check off “Proposal” at the top of the form for your proposal, and check off “Final Submission” for your final submission. Troop Leader submits via email and notifies SUM or SU Trip Advisor.

The Supplemental Insurance Form lists Several different plans are available depending on your type of trip and desired coverage. Send form and payment to Human Resources at 330 Manor Road, Miquon, PA 19444 at least two weeks prior to your trip. Certificate(s) of Insurance (COI) are required for any high-risk activity on your trip. Submit COIs to Donna Higgins. Download trip forms on the forms section of the website.

Older Girl Travel Plan

Older Girl Travel Plan

What is the Older Girl Travel Plan?

Earn money while selling cookies! Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors who sell at least 500 cookies can sign up for the Older Girl Travel Plan, an incentive where they earn money towards travel. Older Girl Travel Plan credits can be used towards approved troop trips, GSUSA Destinations/Getaways, and GSEP sponsored trips.

How many credits are earned for selling cookies?

When do credits expire?

Credits are held for 2 membership years and expire on September 30th of the 2nd year.

*The credits earned during the 2017 cookie season expire September 30th, 2018.

*The credits earned during the 2016 cookie season expire September 30th, 2017.

Troop Travel – Submit an invoice from the vendor that contains the name of the vendor, address of where payment is sent, and total cost of the trip. Please note that credits can only be used for approved troop trips. This information will be verified before credits are released. For information about the troop trip approval process, please see the Troop Trip section of this page or the Travel Appendix in Volunteer Essentials.

GSUSA Destinations – Submit an official Destination acceptance letter that contains the name of the girl attending, name/date of the Destination, total cost of the Destination, and address of where payment is sent.

GSEP Sponsored Trips – Submit an official acceptance letter that contains the name of the girl attending, name/date of the trip, and total cost of trip OR submit an invoice from the partnering travel company (ex. EF Tours) that contains the name of the girl attending, name of the trip, her account number, and total cost of the trip.


Please contact us via email to learn how to earn and use Older Girl Travel Credits.