Gluten Free Pilot Program
GSEP is proud to be one of 20 councils across the country piloting the gluten free cookie, which speaks to the Girl Scout dedication to diversity and will allow more of our girls and individuals living with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity to partake in the fun!
Gluten Free Goodness
Five facts about our new gluten free cookie:
1. No artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no high fructose corn syrup, no palm oil and no hydrogenated oils.
2. Made with real chocolate chips and real butter.
3. Available in a 5-ouce re-sealable foil pouch with 12 pouches per case.
4. Price per package is $5.00
5. Most importantly, they taste delicious! The flavor is proven to be popular in the gluten free cookie market.
How does the Pilot Program work?
- Troops interested in selling the Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread cookie must place their order before September 22, 2013.
- Troops will earn normal proceeds based off the Per Girl Average calculation. All packages sold will count towards girl-earned recognitions.
- Girls will earn a special Gluten Free Pilot patch for selling 5 or more packages of gluten free cookies.
- Only troops that order before September 22, 2013 will have Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread cookies for direct orders and booth sales. Gluten free cookies will not be available in Cookie Cupboards.
- The Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread cookies will be distributed to participating troops with their initial cookie order in January 2014.