Gluten Free Cookie Pilot
This year, Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania has chosen to be one of 20 Councils across the country to participate in the Gluten Free Cookie Pilot.
This year, Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania will offering Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies to provide people who have had to eliminate our delicious Girl Scout cookies from their diet to rejoin this great American tradition! This new cookie allows those with Celiac Disease and those avoiding gluten to support the efforts of Girl Scouts as they enjoy a product created just for them.
Get Involved with the Gluten Free Cookie Pilot
Troops must meet the following criteria in order to participate in the gluten free pilot:
1. Leaders and girls registered for the 2014 membership year
2. Troop ACH Authorization form on file
How does the pilot work?
- Troops interested in selling the Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread cookie must place their order before September 22, 2013.
- Troops will earn 75¢ per package of Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread cookies sold.
- Girls will earn a special Gluten Free Pilot patch for selling 5 or more packages of gluten free cookies.
- Only troops that order before September 22, 2013 will have Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread cookies for direct orders and booth sales. Gluten free cookies will not be available in Cookie Cupboards.
- The Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread cookie will be distributed to participating troops with their initial cookie order in January 2014.
- A free sample package of the Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Shortbread cookie will be given to each troop placing an order by September 22, 2013.
- Gluten free cookies cannot be transferred to another troop, they must stay with the troop that placed the initial pilot order.