Cookies From Home
Cookies From Home (CFH) is a Council-wide project where Girl Scouts can sell cookies that will be sent to military personnel around the world. Troops collect monetary donations for packages of cookies and turn in their leftover troop cookies toward their CFH donations at the end of the program to their Service Unit Cookie Manager.
When someone makes a donation to CFH and wants a record for their taxes, you may hand them a Cookies From Home Donation Card.
When are Cookies From Home accepted?
Here are the drop off dates and location for the 2012 Cookies From Home project:
- Maternity B V M Church, 9220 Old Bustleton Ave, March 10 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Delaware County Service Center, March 10 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Schuylkill Valley School District, March 10 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Shelly Ridge Service Center, March 17 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Valley Forge Service Center, March 17 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Dorney Park, March 17 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
What if our troop doesn't have left over cookies?
If, at the end of the cookie program, your troop does not have enough cookies in your inventory to turn in, please follow the steps below:
- Check with your Service Unit Cookie Manager to see if other troops in your Service Unit have extra cookies that can be transferred to your troop.
- If there are no excess cookies in your Service Unit, you should transfer virtual cookies into your troop by doing a CFH Cupboard to Troop transfer in snap™. By creating this transfer, you do not need to worry about turning in actual cookie packages to your Service Unit Cookie Manager. Here's how:
- Steps to complete CFH Virtual Transfers in Snap™:
1. Click on the COOKIE icon
2. Select "Create a Transfer Order"
3. Select "From a Troop to a Troop"
4. Choose "CFH Cookies From Home " as the Service Unit and 900900 as the troop number
5. Transfer to your Troop#
6. Use "CFH" as the Order Reference number
7. Fill in the number of packages needed
All Cookies From Home should be transferred in snap to the girl/s, so that they receive credit for these packages.
Fun Tips for Cookies From Home at Booths
- Print a CFH Jar Cover to accept donations or a CFH Poster.
- Get creative with camo!--why not use a camouflage laundry hamper for customers to physically donate a box of cookies to CFH?
- Decorate an old mail box in camouflage and set up paper and pencils for customers to write a special note for military personnel to be shipped with your cookies.
- Ask your Service Unit Cookie Manager for a Cookies From Home poster to display.